Here is some information I came across that I thought I might pass on. I’m a realtor not a dentist, but just wanted to share.
Smiles on Us Day
Saturday December 21st, 2013
6 am to 5 pm
Walter Baker Sports Centre
To participate in Smiles on Us Day you must do the following:
- Go to the first point of service located at Walter Baker Sports Centre (100 Malvern Drive, Ottawa, ON K2J 2G5) on December 21, 2013. We start processing participants at 6am.
There is no registration prior to Smiles on Us Day. Smiles on Us participation is based on “first-come, first-served” . So please get to Walter Baker Sports Centre early on December 21st, 2013. We start processing participants at 6am.
DO NOT GO DIRECTLY TO PARTICIPATING DENTAL OFFICES. YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE SERVICE WITHOUT COMPLETING ALL MEDICAL FORMS AND MEETING WITH A HEALTH PROFESSIONAL AT WALTER BAKER SPORTS CENTRE.
At Walter Baker Sports Centre you will be asked to complete a medical questionnaire, sign a waiver and meet with an on-site medical professional to discuss your medical history.
All required forms will be made available upon arrival.
SAVE TIME – download and complete the medical form now and bring it with you on Smiles on Us Day.
Medical Form:(Both links below are the same form, just choose which method you’d like to use to complete your information. One form can be printed and complete by hand and the other can be completed on the computer then printed)
Click this form if you’d like to print and complete the form by hand MEDICAL HISTORY QUESTIONNAIRE
Click this form if you’d like to complete this fillable form on your computer and then print MEDICAL HISTORY QUESTIONNAIRE form
No ID, health card or proof of income is required to participate on Smiles on Us Day – just a smile on your face.
YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE SERVICE WITHOUT COMPLETING AND SIGNING ALL MEDICAL FORMS AND WAIVER AND MEETING WITH A HEALTH PROFESSIONAL AT WALTER BAKER SPORTS CENTRE.
After completing the process at the Walter Baker Sports Centre, you will be informed which Smiles on Us participating dental location will be able to provide you with free treatment that day.
You will then be transported from Walter Baker Sports Centre to the participating dental offices via our rented buses.
Things to to remember:
- Our goal is to see as many clients as possible on a “first-come, first-served” basis. Please get to Walter Baker Sports Centre early. Once we reached our treatment capacity for the day, we will have no choice but to turn people away. Please note: Specific treatments may reach capacity earlier than others (for example: cleanings may reach capacity before fillings and extractions, so we may turn away clients requesting cleanings but not for the other treatments). We will be updating our facebook and twitter accounts with up-to-date information on wait times and capacity. This will be our only communication method with the public on Smiles on Us Day about wait times and capacity, so please be sure to follow us on Facebook (Smiles on Us) and Twitter (@SmilesonUsDay).
- We accept clients of all ages.
- Please be prepared to wait outside. We have managed to reduce outside wait times compared to last year, but you will still be lining up outside. DRESS THE FAMILY APPROPRIATELY! IT WILL BE COLD! Don’t forget hats, winter boots, winter gloves and winter jacket.
- Should you have mobility or communication issues, please ensure a person (1 only) is with you to assist. We are working hard to find volunteers that speak different languages, but if we are not able to communicate with you, treatment won’t be possible.
- Be prepared to stay all day. Please dress comfortably, bring water and snacks and something to entertain your children.
- Transportation to participating Smiles on Us Dental offices will be available if needed.
- Parking is available.
- Click here to plan your travels with OcTranspo.
Outside Lineup Rules:
1 adult can hold a spot for themselves and 1 other adult (over 18 years old)
1 adult can hold a spot for themselves and 3 children (18 years and under)
- Clients to receive ONE of the following treatments;
* extraction (including wisdom tooth)
** Only the above treatments are offered on Smiles on Us Day
All clients must complete and sign all forms provided upon arrival otherwise treatment can not be provided.
All clients must be present to meet with medical professional to review medical history forms. If you are holding a spot in line for someone and you are next to meet with the medical professional, but all members of your party aren’t with you, you will not be allowed to proceed until they arrive.
The respectful treatment of Smiles on Us clients and volunteers is required. Inappropriate behaviour will not be tolerated and you will be asked to leave.